Sunday, January 4, 2009

And we're off...

The moment everyone had been waiting for has been done. The first challenge of the Amazing Didi Scrap Race 4 has been posted.

1) Rip and tear a photo into three or more pieces! (that's a photo, not papers!)
2) Use journaling on your layout (something I stress is SO important).

This is a challenge to be completed by both racers.

People from around the world were sitting in front of their computers ready to race. I (Kathi) was no exception. At about 12:05 PM CST I saw that the challenge was posted. Since I was nervous about being able to complete the challenges on time and everyone warned to do them as soon as possible, I started on mine right away. I had the perfect photo and an idea of what I wanted to do so I got to work. I finished my layout in no time and was really pleased with the results.

Without further ado, here is my first layout for ADSR4:


Credits:
Kit - Efflorescense by Ziggle Designs
Alpha - Scrap Orchard J
Envelope - Envelope Maker Action by Mega-Doodle Inspired
Hummies Layered Paper Tears

Journaling:
You are usually so happy but sometimes you feel like things don’t go your way. This was one of those moments. You were into mischief a lot today and Jazmine was being allowed to do something that your weren’t. To show how you were feeling slighted, you hid in your bedroom and pouted. It wasn’t long before you were found and even with a pout you were cute enough for a picture. The lesson I hope you learn from these things is that sometimes things don’t always go our way. We have to live with the consequences of our actions and be prepared for dealing with the result of your actions. We know you are able to behave and that is why when you do get out of line we forgive you. These are the moments you learn and will make you a more fantastic person in the future. You are loved and we know that everyone has a bad day sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Great journaling and I love the doodle flowers.

    ReplyDelete